What Is an Affiliate Marketer?
Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate’sown marketing efforts.
Sourced from Wikipedia
How to Become an Affiliate guide
Sell what you know. To start, you should stick to selling products or services that you’re familiar with. Online marketers call this process “picking your niche.” You should select a niche that represents your current interests or your occupation.
- For example, if you’re an expert at interior decorating, it makes more sense to sell comforter sets than it does to sell automotive parts. You’ll do a much better job with your individual marketing efforts if you stick to selling what you know.
Start a website relevant to your niche. Before becoming an affiliate, many companies will want to know the URL of the website that you’ll use to sell their products. They do this because they want to ensure that the content on the website won’t hurt the company’s reputation.
- It’s easy to start a website these days thanks to sites like WordPress.com.
- Be sure to add content to your website that isn’t “salesy.” You want your site to come across as an authority in your niche.
Research affiliate programs. Find an affiliate program that offers products or services in your niche.
- Amazon sells just about everything, so it’s likely that your niche includes products sold on Amazon. That’s a good place to start if you’re looking to get into affiliate marketing.
- Commission Junction is another great option because it allows you to become an affiliate for countless companies that you already know about (e.g., Overstock, Office Depot, Boscov’s, and many others).
- Clickbank is yet another option that many affiliate marketers like. That’s because the commissions from companies on that site can be very lucrative.
Join an affiliate program. It’s almost always free of charge to join an affiliate program.
- In fact, if you’re being asked for a credit card number just to become an affiliate, you might be getting scammed. Most reputable companies that offer affiliate programs allow people to become affiliates free of charge.
- You will, however, be asked for bank account or PayPal information. Keep in mind, that’s not so that the company can take money away from you, but so that it can pay you the commission you earned with successful sales.
- You will be asked for the URL of your website in some cases. Just provide the URL of the website that you created above.
Affiliate Marketing Platforms My Top 5